Category Archives: The Fertilizers

Morocco and Ethiopia planned to build a $2.5 billion fertilizer plant

Morocco and Ethiopia planned to build a $2.5 billion fertilizer plant

Morocco and Ethiopia planned to build a $2.5 billion fertilizer plant

Morocco and Ethiopia planned to build a $2.5 billion fertilizer plant

Morocco and Ethiopia planned to build a $2.5 billion fertilizer plant

The Ethiopian government announced its intention to build a factory for the manufacture of fertilizers in partnership with Sharif compound of Moroccan phosphate (government), a financial cost of $ 2.5 billion

The director of chemical inputs and Construction Industry Development Institute (a government), “Samuel halala” in a press statement quoted by local media on Tuesday that the plant, which will be built in partnership, will be built in the “chenille” area on the border between the city of Dire Dawa¬†and territories Somalia Ethiopian east management Ethiopia .

“arc” of the space said that will be built by the factory, estimated at 100 hectares and will produce 1.1 million metric tons of urea, and 1.5 million metric tons of fertilizers per year.

Ethiopia and Morocco, will begin construction of compound fertilizer, after studying the design is complete, the next year, and will be built within three years.

Ethiopia imports one million metric tons of fertilizers per year.
And according to the “Samuel halala”, financing for construction of the plant would be completed by acquiring 60% of the project cost from the banks in the form of loans, while the Ethiopian government and al-Sharif compound phosphate Moroccan will cover the remaining 40%.

And Sharif compound phosphate plan to invest $ 18 billion between 2010 and 2025, and to double the production of phosphate fertilizer manufacturing and the expansion of the phosphoric acid market position.

The planned and adopted by Sharif compound, to increase the production of phosphate from 30 million tons currently to 50 million tons in 2017, increased fertilizer production from 3.5 million to 10 million tons.